April 29th, 6:00pm – Join host Mike Ridaught and co-host Marty Pallman along with special guests: Gainesville Baseball. We’ll also discuss the baseball & softball Prep Zone Power Poll, recap our Sonic Player-of-the-Game and recognize our Trophy Shop Athlete-of-the-Week presented by Mark McGriff’s State Farm Insurance of Gainesville.
Guests: Gainesville Baseball
- Coach: Adam Souilliard
- Players: Case Harrison, Jake Reimer, Zach Cronin, Will Whitlock & Bryce Plummer
- Monday, April 22, were Hunter Williams & Austin Manning of the St. Francis Catholic (Gainesville) baseball team. Williams, a senior, struck out 12 batters and only allowed one hit through six scoreless innings pitched, while Manning went 2-for-3 with two runs and two RBI’s, and he hit his first home run of the season, as St. Francis Catholic eliminated district rival Oak Hall, 7-0, to advance to the Class 3A-District 3 Semifinals.
- Tuesday, April 23, was Fletcher Simmons of the PK Yonge (Gainesville) baseball team. Simmons improved his record to 9-1 as he led the Blue Wave to the district championship game with a 6-1 win over St. Joseph (St. Augustine) in the 3A-3 Semifinals. The sophomore threw a complete-game four-hitter with eight strikeouts and no earned runs.
- Thursday, April 25, was Evan Wilder of the PK Yonge (Gainesville) baseball team. Wilder allowed only one run on one hit in five innings pitched as the Blue Wave won their second consecutive district title with a 3-1 win over top seed St. John’s Country Day (Orange Park) in the Class 3A-District 3 championship game. The senior went 2-for-3 and his hit in the sixth inning led to the game-winning run.
Trophy Shop Athlete-of-the-Week Presented by State Farm agent Mark McGriff
- Week of April 15, Jason Roughton of the Buchholz (Gainesville) weightlifting team. Roughton totaled 640 pounds to earn the state weightlifting title at 183 pounds. The senior bench pressed 325 and clean-and-jerked 315. He became the 17th lifter from Buchholz to win a state weightlifting title, but only the third champion since 2000.
- Week of April 22, Shadayz Bullock of the Eastside (Gainesville) track & field team. Bullock won the Class 2A state title in the shot put with a toss of 42-11.75. It was Eastside’s first individual state title in four years.